Prince William Conservation Alliance
Prince William Conservation Alliance PWCA Calendar Blog Resources Support PWCA
  Bristoe Station
 
 

Click here to skip to links for Bristoe Station.

The October 14, 1863 Battle of Bristoe Station was one of the 123 times Union and Confederate forces clashed on Virginia soil during the Civil War. This battlefield site, where thousands of Confederate soldiers died and may still be buried, is located at the intersection of Route 619/Bristow Road and Route 28 in Prince William County.

On March 19, 2002, the Prince William County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to approve Centex Homes' application to develop a maximum of 520 mixed dwellings, a maximum of 175,000 square feet of office and commercial space, and dedicate 127 acres as a Heritage Park to the Civil War Preservation Trust.

On March 16, 2004 the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously, with Chairman Connaughton absent from the vote, to approve Centex Homes' application to rezone an additional 13.9 acres to develop a maximum of 51 single-family detached dwellings and an overall density yield of 3.67 units per gross acre, and intended as an integrated addition to the previously approved New Bristow Village.

Additional information on the site history, Bristow Village development plans and state environmental impact permits is listed below, under 'More Information.'

The maps below show the Prince William County approved preliminary site plan (left) and the plan submitted to the U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers (right) as part of the approval process for wetland and stream impacts. Click on the maps for a larger version.

Bristoe Station Bristoe Station
Bristoe Station Bristoe Station
Construction at Bristow Village is now underway.
The pictures above were taken on August 11 2004.
News Articles
More Information
  • U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Permit Application for New Bristow Village to permanently impact 1.87 acres of wetlands and temporarily impact 8.09 acres of ponds, perennial and intermittent stream channels in the Broad Run watershed