Recent Permitted Wetland Impacts - Powell's Creek Watershed
Note: Online information from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, may not be complete.
- Harbor Station Development at Cherry Hill; KSI Services - Approximately 10.93 acres of jurisdictional areas, comprised of 1.60 acres palustrine forested wetlands, 0.83 acre palustrine scrub/shrub wetlands, 3.63 acres palustrine emergent wetlands, 3.98 acres ponds, 0.25 acre (2705 linear feet) perennial stream channel and 0.64 acre (7012 linear feet) intermittent stream channels, will be permanently or temporarily impacted by the proposed work. On-site creation of open water areas and stream and buffer preservation and credit purchase from an approved wetland bank is planned for mitigation. # 04-V0271-40 (2004).
- Eagle's Point Development at Route 1 and Cardinal Drive; Washington Homes - Approximately 1.78 acres of jurisdictional areas, comprised of 1.25 acres palustrine forested wetlands and 0.53 acre (3594 linear feet) intermittent stream channels, will be permanently impacted by the proposed work. On-site preservation and credit purchase from an approved wetland bank is planned for mitigation. # 03-V2071-40 (2004).
- Powell's Landing Development adjacent to Leesylvania State Park on Neabsco Road; Freestone LP - Approximately 0.784 acres of jurisdictional areas, comprised of 0.294 acre of palustrine forested wetlands and 0.49 acre (3292 linear feet) intermittent stream channels will be impacted by the proposed work. On-site preservation for wetland impacts and donation to the Virginia Wetlands Restoration Trust Fund for stream impacts is planned for mitigation. #03-V1622-40 (2004).
- Ashland Development in Montclair; Ashland Community Development LLC - This work would include minor road crossing fills, discharges resulting from overlot grading and stormwater management facility construction and installation of a utility line, which would impact approximately 1.5 acres of nontidal headwater wetlands and intermittent streams. Onsite mitigation is planned. The work is currently authorized by nationwide permits. Permit #98-V0347 (June 4 2003).
- Port Potomac Development; KSI Services - Approximately 1.77 acres of jurisdictional area, comprised of 0.97 acre palustrine forested wetlands, 0.17 acre palustrine scrub/shrub wetlands and 0.63 acre (2980 linear feet) intermittent streambed, will be impacted by the proposed work. Impacts to approximately 3.27 acres of jurisdictional areas were previously authorized. Credit purchase at an approved wetland mitigation bank and on-site preservation is planned for mitigation. Permit #02-V1144 (December 26 2002).
- Spriggs Road Construction; Prince William County - Approximately 0.53 acre of jurisdictional areas in six locations, comprised of 0.154 acre palustrine forested wetlands, 0.12 acre palustrine emergent wetlands, 0.205 acre (308 linear feet) perennial stream and 0.054 acre (281.8 linear feet) intermittent streams, will be impacted by the proposed work. Credit purchase from an approved wetland mitigation bank and a contribution to the Virginia Wetland Restoration Trust Fund will provide mitigation. Permit #02-B0212 (December 16 2002).
- Route 234 Construction; Virginia Department of Transportation - The project consists of the discharge of fill material into waters of the United States associated with the widening of Route 234 from two to four lanes on existing alignment. The project is called 6234-076-111, C502. Five jurisdictional areas will be impacted by the proposed work. Permit #02-V4062 (2002).